Social Icons

Monday, April 22, 2013

Big News + Weigh In + FMM: Inside My Head

Wow... so much has happened this week. I have big news... Hubby and I have decided to get our foster to adopt license! Basically that means we'll be taking in a foster child (or two) and taking care of them until either their parents can take care of them, a relative adopts them or *fingers crossed* WE get to adopt them. YAY and YIKES! I'm so excited and super nervous but I can't wait! Turning in our application to the agency we picked today. We've settled on a child 0-2 years old or two siblings 0-4 years old.

So got on the scale... 206.6 so 1.4 gained. It's to be expected that my weight will fluctuate a couple pounds back and forth as long as I'm in "maintain" mode.

wpid-friend-makin-monday-for-post3-300x179.jpg
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

 Inside My Head
I like… reading
I don’t like… waiting
I love… my husband (especially because he so lovingly puts up with my mood swings)
I dream of…being a mom
I wonder… if I'm going to drive my friends crazy with all my baby talk
I know…they will still love me either way (even though some might start ignoring me)
I went… to my friend's game night on Saturday
I think… I'm going to have a one track mind for a while (and all baby/toddler related)
I plan… to get A LOT of school work done tonight
I regret… putting my homework/projects off until the last minute
I do… my best thinking in the car
I drink… on rare occasions
I wish… the next couple months would speed by
I am… super excited about starting our foster to adopt journey
I am not… looking forward to placements leaving our home
I hope… I can make a difference in these kids' lives
I want… a child to love
I sometimes… daydream about my future kids (both foster and adopted)
I always… regret the things I say when I'm mad
I can… provide these kids with a safe and loving home
I cannot… wait to get our first foster placement
I avoid… confrontations
I will… do my best to focus on work when I'm on the clock

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions.  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments!  Happy Monday, lovies!

5 comments:

  1. Yay Yay Yay!! So exciting for you!! My husband and I went to a foster class not too long and have been considering becoming foster parents as well. You will DEFINITELY make a difference in those kids lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no easy task knowingly taking kids into your house that will most likely leave you, but I think the rewards out weigh the pain. How long have you guess been considering it?

      Delete
  2. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! How wonderful!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting your foster licence. What a great decision!

    ReplyDelete